Many superfoods and herbal supplements exist in the market, which help your body in various ways. Of these, the Korean red ginseng is a popular one. A plant that grows in Asia, the red ginseng is also sometimes referred to as Asian ginseng, Chinese ginseng, and panax ginseng. It is different from the American ginseng and has warming properties. The root of this plant is used as natural remedy and in a supplement form. Typically, the Korean red ginseng is grown for at least 6 years before it can be used. As result this variety of the herbaceous root commands a higher price than the others.
Why Korean ginseng is cultivated after 6 years
The most nutrient dense Korean red ginseng ( HsuGinseng/korean-red-ginseng ) takes 6 years to grow and unlock its maximum strength. The plant that has reached the state also has the optimal amount of ginseng saponins. The root at this stage, is also known for its maxed-out capacity to harness health components. Growing red ginseng for a period beyond six years does not result in any additional benefits, and hence this is treated as the best time to cultivate the same.
The six-year-old root of the Korean ginseng contains up to 1.5 to 2 times the functional health components present in younger ones.
Health benefits of Korean red ginseng
• Boost immunity – the herbaceous route is known to fortify the human immune system and also act as strong of foundation that prevents against various diseases and their heads.
• Improve metabolism - the red variety of the Korean ginseng is shown to activate natural body heat, which in turn supports bodily functions, and helps convert nutrients into energy required by the body.
• Regulate energy levels - stamina comes naturally to those who consume is root. It is known to sustain long term energy balance and endurance all through the day.
• Producer relaxing effect – the red ginseng root is an ideal choice to treat stress. It helps achieve mental and physical stability and combat stress, helping you create a more balanced and healthy body.
• Improve skin - the roots of the Asians ginseng are well-known for the anti-aging properties, and is an ideal choice for those who want healthy ( HsuGinseng/about-hsu ) glowing skin.
• Enhance blood circulation - consuming Korean red ginseng or its derivative is known to improve blood flow in the body. This helps in smooth delivery of oxygen and other vital nutrients to different body organs, and promotes a healthy bio rhythm.
Consuming Korean red ginseng
The roots of this herbaceous Asian plant can be taken as a supplement in liquid, powder, or capsule form. They can be boiled in water to prepare a healthy tea or beverage.
Short term consumption of red ginseng is considered safe for most people, though it may have side effects when consumed for longer duration. As a result, it is advisable to consult with your physician for any possible reactions that may occur if you incorporate the Korean red ginseng in your lifestyle.