All You Need to Know About Septic Tank Cleaning
Humans use water in for many activities every day from bathing, cleaning, and washing. These activities result in water mixed with various chemicals and other material which need to be processed and disposed of safely in the sewage. This is done with the help of the septic tanks which are created underground on both commercial and residential properties.
What is a septic tank?
Septic tank is an underground tank which stores, processes the wastewater, and safely disposes of the decomposed solids. The purpose of the septic tank is to support the main sewage system of the area so that the waste is disposed in the best of the environment and people living in the area. ( draneranger.com/septic-tank ) Septic tank cleaning in Alvin, TX is an important part of its smooth and flawless functioning.
How often should a septic tank be cleaned?
Septic tank cleaning in Alvin, TX is required for the smooth and flawless functioning of the septic tanks of the area. The size of the tank and the volume of wastewater decide the frequency of septic tank cleaning. Some people prefer cleaning their septic tank once in every month irrespective of the wastewater produced whereas the commercial places such as schools, hospitals or restaurants need to follow the standards and norms decided by the local regulations.
How is septic tank cleaned?
Septic tank cleaning in Alvin, TX is performed in different stages.
• Septic tank is opened from its top lid. After which a pumping mechanism is then inserted inside to pump out all the liquid in the tank.
• Once the tank is empty, the walls and the bottom of the tank are scrapped off the deposits that have stuck to them.
• Pipes and filters are also cleaned off all the accumulations. If required, then they are also replaced at before the next use.
• Sometimes extra additives are also added to break down the stubborn deposits that develop in the long run.
Benefits of septic tank cleaning
Septic tank cleaning in Alvin, TX has a number of benefits;
• As soon as wastewater reaches the tank, the solids dissolved in water start accumulating at the bottom of the tank and are gradually break down into a simpler form by the bacteria present in the tank ( http://draneranger.com/services/ ). If not cleaned regularly, it may create a blockage at various points in the pipe and may even cause leakage because of overflow.
• Regular maintenance is actually cheaper than the cost of the repairs and the replacements after system breakdown.
• It allows the septic tank system to work in compliance with the regulations.
• If not cleaned regularly, leakage may occur and cause contamination f water table or the area which may be harmful.
Preventing certain things such as plastics, grease, paints, diapers, make-up wipes, cotton buds, and paper towels, etc. from reaching the tank also increase the running life of the septic tank and makes cleaning easier.